- CUNY Graduate School of Journalism, New York, N.Y. Expected December 2016
Master of Arts, International Reporting/Business concentrations
- State University of New York at New Paltz, New Paltz, N.Y. May 2015
B.A. in Journalism: Public Relations, Spanish; Magna cum laude, Honors Program
- Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Madrid, Spain August 2013—December 2013
Editorial Intern, Quartz, January 2017-Present
Write daily articles in the business pod on topics including tech, finance and commerce. Create charts to visualize stats and data. Write and edit the “Quartz Daily Brief” global economy newsletter.
Assistant, Ravitch Fiscal Reporting Program, June 2016-January 2017
- Helped coordinate weeklong and weekend training sessions for professional journalists on state and local fiscal issues. Used a CMS to manage online reporting course and program website. Created journalists database.
Newsroom Intern, USA Today, September 2016-December 2016
- Reported under senior social media editor and deputy bureau chief for breaking news, features and enterprise content teams. Used internal CMS to craft articles. Reported live on the publication’s Snapchat and Instagram Stories feeds. Coordinated with editors and reporters countrywide through Slack for social media story shares, Facebook Live scheduling/troubleshooting and homepage maintenance.
Editorial Intern, Footwear News Magazine, May 2016-August 2016
- Wrote daily web stories about the retail and footwear industry. Loaded the stories onto CMS and used SEO to optimize readership. Covered trade shows and international designers for the weekly print magazine.
Co-founder, “cd Journalism,” CUNY Graduate School of Journalism, New York, NY September 2015—May 2016
- Wrote weekly blog posts on interactive and data journalism using Medium and share posts through social media.
Press Intern New York City Housing Authority, New York, NY June 2015—October 2015
- Wrote and pitched press releases and media advisories and attended press conferences/NYCHA events.
- Worked with other NYCHA departments to coordinate events and gather information for media requests.
- Wrote editorial content for the NYCHA Journal, Connect newsletter and outside publications.
- Led a media metrics project to gather news hits into measurable data to form media strategies.
Media Relations and Marketing Intern, SUNY New Paltz Office of Communication and Marketing, NY August 2014–May 2015
- Wrote and edited press releases, media advisories, feature stories, news briefs, and copy for the events calendar.
- Proofread and fact-checked alumni newsletters, annual reports, internal/external press materials.
New Paltz Blogger, SUNY New Paltz Office of Admissions, New Paltz, NY August 2014–May 2015
- Wrote weekly posts on academic and extracurricular highlights.
Ex officio, Media and Journalism Society of SUNY New Paltz, New Paltz, N.Y. September 2012–May 2015
- Served as co-president in Spring 2014, administered weekly meetings and workshops. Also, served as public relations manager from September 2012 to May 2013.
- Student speaker at 2014 Broadcast Education Association (BEA) Convention in Las Vegas, N.V.
Arts and Entertainment Editor, The New Paltz Oracle, New Paltz, N.Y. September 2012–October 2014
- Curated Arts and Entertainment section. Designed and laid out print and online sections. Oversaw copy editors. Reported on campus, town, and Hudson Valley events.
- Previously copy-editor for two years: copy-edited and fact-checked all articles.
Press Intern, New York City Public Advocate, New York, N.Y. May 2014–August 2014
- Wrote press releases, media advisories, statements, quotes and media prep. Compiled news clips for a daily newsletter, kept track of press clips and appearances, and corresponded with community press.
Study Abroad Blogger, SUNY New Paltz Center for International Programs, Madrid, Spain August 2013–January 2014
- Blogged weekly about academic and personal experiences during semester at Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
Communications Intern, Advocates for Children of New York, New York, NY July 2013–August 2013
- Planned, filmed and edited videos which were used as educational resources on the website.
- Interviewed and wrote profiles of project directors.
Internship-Coordinator Intern, SUNY New Paltz Communication and Media Department, New Paltz, NY January 2013–May 2013
- Managed the Facebook page to share internship opportunities.
- Designed, copy-edited and printed brochures explaining the College’s internship application process.
Summer and Winter Intern, Grand Central Marketing, New York, NY January 2013, May 2012–August 2012
- Assisted Account Managers, Account Directors, and senior management in compiling research for clients, e.g. finding appropriate event venues, vendors, and promotional giveaways.
- Participated in development and implementation of promotional programs for existing clients.
- Developed, copy edited, and fact-checked Request For Proposals for potential clients
SKILLS and AFFILIATIONS
Languages: Native Spanish speaker
Software/Platforms: Adobe Illustrator/InDesign/Photoshop/Audition. Avid Pro Tools, Vimeo, YouTube, Tumblr, WordPress, Prezi, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, CartoDB, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Hootsuite, Trello.
Hardware: Nikon D5100 and Canon 60D DSLR cameras, Marantz audio recorder.
Research: Factiva, JSTOR, ReferenceUSA, LexisNexis, Google Scholar, Gale Newsstand, NYC Open Data.
Member: New York Women in Communications Foundation, National Association of Hispanic Journalists, Broadcast Education Association, and National Communication Association: Lambda Pi Eta.